Are you ready to pick a new health insurance plan? Here are shopping tips to help you make the right decision:
- When you find a plan you like, make sure it offers the care and treatment benefits you need.
- Review all costs including your monthly premium, deductible, and copayments.
- Check if your current doctors are in-network with the plan.
- Make sure the plan covers your prescription medicines.
- If a plan looks too good to be true, it probably is. Keep shopping. Shopping on a trusted website like Healthcare.gov will help you see all your options and avoid scams.
- Be wary of anyone pressuring you to commit to a plan right away. Remember, there are no one-day sales in health insurance. Take your time. Buy when you're ready. The open enrollment period for 2024 starts Nov. 1 and ends Jan. 15.
Hear more on shopping smart for health coverage in the latest This Is TDI podcast.