28 TAC §5.9700
1. INTRODUCTION. The Commissioner of Insurance adopts the repeal of Subchapter Q, §5.9700, concerning the fee schedule for the Department's statistical agent, Acxiom Corporation. The repeal is adopted without changes to the proposal published in the June 29, 2007 issue of the Texas Register (32 TexReg 3963).
2. REASONED JUSTIFICATION. Subchapter Q, §5.9700, which provides for the fee schedule for a statistical agent contractor, Acxiom Corporation, to provide collection, maintenance, and reporting of the statistical data reported by insurance companies under each of the Department's statistical plans, is not necessary because the Department no longer contracts with this statistical agent. Insurance Code §38.206, which allows statistical agents to collect fees, further obviates the need for the subchapter. The Department identified this subchapter for repeal as part of the Department's ongoing review of existing rules pursuant to Government Code §2001.039.
3. HOW THE SECTION WILL FUNCTION. The adoption of the repeal will result in the removal of obsolete and potentially confusing provisions from the Texas Administrative Code.
4. SUMMARY OF COMMENTS AND AGENCY RESPONSE. The Department did not receive any comments on the proposed repeal.
5. STATUTORY AUTHORITY. The repeal of Subchapter Q, §5.9700, is adopted pursuant to Insurance Code §36.001, which provides that the Commissioner of Insurance may adopt any rules necessary and appropriate to implement the powers and duties of the Texas Department of Insurance under the Insurance Code and other laws of this state.
SUBCHAPTER Q. INDEPENDENT DATA
§5.9700 . Fee Schedule