CHAPTER 5, SUBCHAPTER L, ARTICLE 5.96
ADOPTION OF AMENDMENTS TO THE
TEXAS PRIVATE PASSENGER AUTOMOBILE STATISTICAL PLAN
The Commissioner of Insurance (Commissioner) adopts amendments to the Texas Private Passenger Automobile Statistical Plan (Stat Plan) Quarterly Market Report (QMR) as proposed by the staff of the Texas Department of Insurance (Staff) in a petition filed on September 14, 2004. Notice of the staff´s petition (Ref.A-0904-16-I) was published in the September 24, 2004 issue of the Texas Register (29 Tex. Reg. 9209). The Department received no comments regarding the Staff´s proposed amendments.
The Commissioner has determined that the amendments are necessary to implement the reporting of Group 2 vehicle experience in order for TAIPA to have more complete and accurate information for assignment quota and assessment purposes. Group 2 "other private passenger automobile business" vehicles are subject to assignment through the Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association (TAIPA) in the same fashion as Group 1 "regular private passenger automobiles". However, no complete data on the numbers of Group 2 vehicles insured are collected by the QMR or by any other report required by the Stat Plan.
The adopted amendments make the following changes to the Stat Plan:
Quarterly Market Report:
- amend and add codes under Section 4 - Experience To Be Reported to include Group 2 vehicles.
- amend and add codes under Section 7 - Policy and Membership Fees to include Group 2 vehicles.
- amend Section 13 - Summary Reporting by Driver Class to not be limited to Group 1 vehicles.
- amend and add codes under Numeric Field 15 of the Record Layout and Field Definitions to include Group 2 vehicles.
- amend and add codes under Numeric Field 40-48 of the Record Layout and Field Definitions to include Group 2 vehicles.
The Commissioner has jurisdiction of this matter pursuant to the Insurance Code Article 5.96 and §§ 38.204 and 38.207.
The amendments as adopted by the Commissioner are filed with the Department´s Chief Clerk under Ref. No. A-0904-16-I and are incorporated by reference into Commissioner´s Order 04-1075 .
IT IS THEREFORE THE ORDER of the Commissioner of Insurance that the amendments to the Texas Private Passenger Automobile Statistical Plan as described herein, be adopted to be effective for first quarter 2005 experience reporting for all affected insurers.