You answered that:
- You received a surprise bill between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2021.
- You have “another type of coverage.”
Based on these answers, it appears you have a self-funded health plan. This means the surprise billing laws do not apply to your case.
How you can get help:
- File an appeal with your health plan.
- Contact the agency that regulates your health plan. To find that agency, check your health plan’s member booklet or ask your company’s benefit coordinator.
- Learn how to file a complaint about a self-funded health plan.
- Call our Help Line at 800-252-3439 if you can’t find the agency that regulates your health plan.