Please note, the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email addresses have been discontinued.
To license your captive insurance company, first be sure to file for business formation with the Texas Secretary of State's Office.
To apply for your license, submit evidence along with:
- Company Licensing Fee and Transmittal Form, FIN321
- Certificate of Authority Application for a Captive Insurance Company (Domestic or Redomestication), FIN180
- Biographical Affidavit for Captive Insurance Company, FIN181
- Financial Projections for Captive Insurance Company, FIN182
- Appointment of Agent for Service of Process for a Captive Insurance Company, FIN184
- Moving a Captive Insurance Company's Books and Records Out of the State of Texas Under Texas Insurance Code, Section 803, FIN185
- Officer's Certification and Attestation Certificate of Filing, FIN186
Submit the filing to Company Licensing at email@example.com.
Captive Management Companies
To register your licensed captive management company, send your completed FIN549 Captive Management Registration Form and FIN548 Captive Management Company Biographical Certificate Form to Agent and Adjuster Licensing at Applications@tdi.texas.gov. For more information, visit our Captive management company registration page.
Statutes and Regulations
For more information, contact TDI's Captives Specialist Robert Rudnai.