Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Texas Department of Insurance
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All


Text description of the following chart

Home, flood, wind:

Which policies do you need?

  Homeowners Flood Wind/hail
Why do you need it To protect your house and things. Most home policies don't cover floods. Most home policies on the coast don't cover wind and hail.
What does it cover? Damage from fire, lightning, theft, wind, hail, and more. Damage from rising water. Damage from wind and hail.
How do you get it? Call your homeowners insurance agent. Call your agent or find one at Call your agent or find one at

Home, flood, wind: which policies do you need?