Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Texas Department of Insurance
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
customer services staff

Who can help me if I get sick or injured at work?

If you become sick or are injured at work there is help. DWC claims and customer services staff talk about all the ways we are here for you.

Watch: "We are here for you."

Injured employee resources

 File for unemployment benefits with the Texas Workforce Commission

Need help with your claim? Call 800-252-7031, option 1.

Workers’ compensation is an insurance program managed by the State of Texas. It provides pay and medical benefits to employees who have a work-related injury or illness. Not all Texas employers provide workers' compensation insurance, but most do. Your employer must have workers' compensation insurance for you to get benefits.

Don’t miss out on receiving important notices about your claim. If your address or phone number changes, call DWC at 800-252-7031, option 1.

Recursos informativos para empleados lesionados en español.

Your Guide to Workers' Comp video series

The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC)

  • Regulates workers’ compensation benefits in Texas. DWC does not pay benefits on workers’ compensation claims. Insurance carriers pay workers' compensation benefits.
  • Helps resolve disputes with insurers and employers.
  • Provides workplace safety and health services.
  • Can help with your claim. Just call 800-252-7031, option 1.
  • Can help you file a complaint.
Last updated: 9/14/2023