A COMPLAINT is the written allegation that a system participant has violated Title 5, Subtitle A, of the Texas Labor Code or Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) rules. Follow the steps below to file a workers’ compensation complaint.
If you need help filing a complaint, call 800-252-7031, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Time, Monday to Friday.
Steps to file a complaint
- All complaints must be in writing. You can either:
- Download and print the complaint form (DWC Form-154).
English – complaint form
Spanish – complaint form
- Send us an email or letter.
- Gather any documents you think will support your complaint.
- Submit your complaint and your supporting documents to us one of the following ways:
In person: At a DWC field office
Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation
Compliance and Investigations, Mail Code CI
PO Box 12050
Austin, TX 78711