Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All
employees on the job

Who can help me if I get sick or injured at work?

The Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) may be able to help you. Call 800-252-7031, option 1 for assistance.

Injured employee resources

Workers’ compensation is an insurance program managed by the State of Texas. It provides pay and medical benefits to employees who have a work-related injury or illness. Not all Texas employers provide workers' compensation insurance, but most do. Your employer must have workers' compensation insurance for you to get benefits.

Don’t miss out on receiving important notices about your claim. If your address or phone number changes, call DWC at 800-252-7031, option 1.

Recursos informativos para empleados/empleados lesionados en español.

Your Guide to Workers' Comp video series


  • Regulates workers’ compensation benefits in Texas. Keep in mind insurance companies and employers usually pay workers' compensation benefits, not DWC.
  • Helps resolve disputes with insurers and employers.
  • Provides workplace safety and health services.
  • Can help with your claim. Just call 1-800-252-7031, option 1.
  • Will meet with you in person at offices across Texas.
  • Can help you file a complaint.

What to do if you are injured:

For more information:

Last updated: 6/20/2018