Outreach, Policy, and Research
- provides fire protection information and education.
- administers a statewide youth fire prevention and intervention program (YFPI). (The State Fire Marshal’s Office YFPI program is currently on hiatus until we get additional staff trained. When the classes are scheduled, we will send out information through our website and our email subscription service.)
For more information, please contact Austin Ament by email, or by phone, (512) 676-6797.
Programs and Education Resources
- Fire Safety Brochures
- Arson Awareness Week
- Fire Prevention Week
- Have an EXIT Strategy
- Remembering When. A Fire and Fall Prevention Program for Older Adults
- School Fire Safety Curriculum Guides, K-12
- Texas School Fire Prevention Education Program / Fire Exit Drill Form
- Youth Fire Prevention and Intervention
Fire and Safety Resources
- Consumer Safety Information
- Consumer Product Recalls (Consumer Product Safety Commission)
- Fire Sprinkler Resources
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Safety
- Texas Fire and Life Safety Public Educators Resources
- Vision 20-20 2014: Model Performance in Fire Prevention Symposium Materials. These are the presentations that were made at the 2014 Vision 20/20 Symposium, along with a brief overview and any additional material provided by the presenters.
- Vision 20-20 2016: Model Measures in Fire Prevention Symposium Materials. These are the presentations that were made at the 2016 Vision 20/20 Symposium, along with a brief overview and any additional material provided by the presenters.
- Interested in a fire-service career and have questions about fire-science education?
A statewide campaign, Have an EXIT Strategy, has been designed to spread a simple, yet powerful fire safety message: Always locate a second exit when entering a public place.
For more information, contact:
Last updated: 03/16/2017