Grill in a safe location
- Propane and charcoal grills should be used only outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home and deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Don’t grill or barbecue in a windy area.
Watch the grill
- Someone responsible should always watch the grill.
- Small children and pets should be kept away from the grill area.
Be careful with lighter fluid and gas
- Never spray lighter fluid on a fire.
- If you smell gas while cooking on a propane grill, get away from the grill, and call the fire department as soon as you can.
Keep the grill clean
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Don’t put coals in a plastic, paper, or wooden container.