Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All


After the storm

We're ready to help

Do you need information, have a complaint, or need help finding your agent or company?

Call our Consumer Help Line at 1-800-252-3439, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.

South Texas flooding:
Residents in Cameron and Hidalgo counties affected by recent flooding may be able to get federal help. Visit the FEMA website to apply.

Like TDI on Facebook    Follow TDI on Twitter    Sign up for email updates    Subscribe to TDI's YouTube Channel

Filing a claim

Call your insurance agent or company as soon as possible to report property damage.

For company phone numbers, use our Company Lookup or call us at 1-800-252-3439.

  • Keep a record of everyone you talked to with your company.
  • Be ready to answer questions about the damage.
  • Ask about an advance payment if you need help quickly.
  • Ask about living expenses. Most policies will cover some of the costs you have if you are unable to live in your home because of damage that is covered by your insurance. Keep your receipts for these costs.
  • If you need shelter or emergency food or water, contact the Red Cross at 1-800-733-2767.


Repairing your home

  • Make sure your adjuster and company have your current phone number.
  • Make sure your address is visible from the street. You may need to post a sign with your address in the yard.
  • Try to be there when the adjuster visits. You may also have your contractor at the inspection or have the contractor review the adjuster’s report before settling the claim.


Key contacts

Guidance to carriers, agents, and adjusters

  • Bulletins: Guidance to insurance carriers after a catastrophe.
  • Emergency adjusters: Information on the emergency adjuster application process. To apply, complete Parts I, II, and IX of the application. Fingerprints aren’t required.

For more information, contact:

Last updated: 7/12/2018